27 March 2017
20th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OPTICAL FAIR (MIOF)
The anniversary 20th Moscow International Optical Fair (MIOF), the leading B2B project of the branch and the main business platform for the specialists of Russian and foreign companies, was held February 15 through 17 in Crocus Expo. More than 3 500 specialists came to the exposition and participated in the events within the business program.
104 companies participated in the project. Representatives from 14 regions of Russia (Moscow and the Moscow region, St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Volgograd, Vologda, Kaluga, Novosibirsk, Rostov, Tambov, Yaroslavl regions, Khabarovsk Krai, republics Crimea and Bashkortostan) and 6 foreign countries (Belarus, Italy, Russia, China, Turkey and Ukraine) displayed not only their latest developments in all directions of the optical industry (eyeglasses, lenses, professional equipment, software for optician’s and many other things), but also fresh design ideas, in particular, new collections of sunglasses from leading European and Asian producers intended for the forthcoming spring and summer season.
The official opening ceremony of the 20th Moscow International Optical Fair took place February 15. The ceremony was presented by Serguei Egorychev, Department of special exhibition projects director.
Participants of the ceremony welcomed the exhibitors and guests of the event:
- Victoria Chizhova, Marcolin-Rus Director General;
- Damiana Andreozzi, Markiza Project Director General;
- Viacheslav Malynkin, Optika MIO retail chain Director General,
- Dmitry Mitiukov, Head of Abium company;
- Takeshi Kazei, Takubo Wоrks International Division Manager;
- Elena Yakutina, Market Assistant Group Director General.
MIOF organizers traditionally prepared a highly topical business and educational forum program during which attendees had an opportunity to discover sale increase technologies, explore the latest innovations in production of eyeglass and contact lenses, to gain new knowledge of sight correction. Representatives of Hoya Lens Rus told about new products within the frames of the seminar on progressive lenses.
Seminars Emotional Communication with the Customer in the Shop and Become Superproducer (two parts) took place February 16. The seminars were held by Ercole Renzi (Italy), an internationally acknowledged marketing expert in optical market. Ercole Renzi is one of the most famous lecturers and experts in the field of optical marketing and management in the world, a regular participant of international optical exhibitions and trade fairs, has a number of publications in the professional media, the author of a number of books on optical marketing and sales. 156 attendees participated in the event.
The Awarding Ceremony for the winners of the 3rd Russian National Award in the optical industry Golden Lorgnette for achievements in the field of new technologies promotion, sight protection and professional service of the population took place within the frames of the program. The award is designed to recognize the most important individuals and companies for providing excellent service, fostering innovation and spreading awareness of the optical sphere. Participants of the contest promoted their corporate image, products and services as well as created greater market awareness in the market segment throughout Russia.
The MIOF exhibition management office and the Market Assistant Group agency with assistance of the Ministry for Healthcare of Russia were the organizers of the award. Representatives of the companies nominees, participants and guests of the fair, representatives of wholesale and retail companies from Russia, Belarus, Germany, Italy, Korea, Turkey, the USA and France, more than 20 representatives of mass media gathered in Backstage restaurant.
The ceremony was presented by Serguei Egorychev and Elena Yakutina. Pierric Bonnard, Trade Commissioner and Head of Business FranceinRussia (Business France Russie) spoke at the awarding ceremony. Besides BusinessFrance became the official partner of the Golden Lorgnette National Award. 47 companies from all regions of Russia took part in the contest, 21 projects were nominated in 12 categories.
There were declared winners in the following nominations:
- Expert panel special prize went to Medical and Technical College (Saint Petersburg).
- The Debut of the Year (a newcomer introduction to the market) award was granted to Pervoye Atelye Yuvelirnykh Oprav Sergey Tarasov.
- The Innovation of the Year award went to O’Key Vision Retail (Moscow).
- Advertising campaign of the Year was announced Tamara optician’s chain (Novosibirsk).
- The Optician's Chain of the Year (federal) first award went to Optica MIO company.
- The Optician's Chain of the Year (local) was granted to Tochka Zreniya optician’s chain (Perm).
- Private trade mark award got Design Laboratory Sergey Makhnev.
- The Marketing Project of the Year featured two awards: for wholesale and retail companies. The wholesale nomination winner became Alstima and Vista Optical projects. The retail nomination winner became KORD Optika chain (Kazan).
- Educational Project of the Year – the winner of the award was Avvita Rodenstock Academy (Moscow) project.
- The Partner of the Year was awarded to Market Assistance Group director Elena Yakunina for the company’s longstanding contribution to MIOF exhibition and Golden Lorgnette award development.
- Best MIOF 2017 stand was announced OPTIC DIAS stand (Moscow).
- The Personage of the Year (acknowledgement) award went to Mariya Trubilina, docent of ophthalmology department FMBA of Russia, for personal contribution to optical industry development.
MIOF is the main platform in Russia for the work of the optical market professionals – for the conclusion of contracts, establishment of new contacts, and exchange of experience. Presentations of new collections of frames, corrective and contact lenses, equipment for specialized retail chains and salons take place at the fair.
The 21st Moscow International Optical Fair will run September 19 through 21, 2017
in Crocus Expo.
THE 20th MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OPTICAL FAIR (MIOF)