23 February 2018
22nd Moscow International Optical Fair (MIOF)
The 22nd Moscow International Optical Fair (MIOF), one of the most significant events in the segment of medical optics and ophthalmology, ran February 14 through 16 in Crocus Expo and opened the annual calendar of exhibitions in the field of optometry, medical production and also fashionable collections of eye glasses and frames.
The project united the leading distributors of world brands of medical optics, representatives of chain stores distributing optical products (wholesale and retail), experts in the field of optometry, ophthalmologists, experts in the field of protection of sight and representatives of specialized mass media.
The Official Opening Ceremony of the 22nd Moscow International Optical Fair was held within the frames of the project. Participants of the ceremony:
- Nadine Drome, Export Director JF company (France);
- Anthony Bing, Export Director Oxibis company (France);
- Robert William Morris, owner and founder William Morris London (Great Britain);
- Elena Yakutina, CEO Market Assistant Group company.
“Participation of our foreign partners in the business forum is a good indicator for the MIOF project development”, – underlined Sergey Egorychev, Director of the Crocus Expo Department of special exhibition projects. Foreign guests have noted opportunities opened by the MIOF for new optical brands promotion in the Russian market and search of distributors by foreign companies for work in Russia on a long-term basis.
The MIOF. Spring 2018 participants’ geography covered Belarus, Germany, Israel, Italy, China, Russia, France, Switzerland and Japan. Novelties and the latest developments were presented by national companies from 14 regions of the country: Moscow and the Moscow region, the St. Petersburg, Sevastopol, Vladimir, Volgograd, Vologda, Novosibirsk, Rostov, Samara, Smolensk, Tambov, Tomsk, Yaroslavl regions, Republics of Bashkortostan, Crimea and Mari El. All in all 113 exhibitors displayed their goods and services within the frames of the project.
The visitors traditionally saw top players of the optical market – Markolin-Rus, Optic Dias, Inveco, Avvita, Markiza Project, Megalopolis, New Optics and many others. Besides, new exhibitors annually join the project. This spring Visionix Rus, Vista, NeoVision, Pro Snow, Staylmark, REAL KAR for the first time participated in MIOF.
MIOF organizers traditionally prepared a highly topical business and educational program during which experts had an opportunity to discover sale increase technologies, explore the latest innovations in production of eyeglass and contact lenses, to gain new knowledge of sight correction.
In particular Martin Conway (Great Britain), world famous practical man and lecturer in the sphere of contact correction and scientific consultant at Contamac, FBCLA, FIACLE, made a number of lectures to the forum attendees: Materials for contact lenses – a look to the future, The problem of selection of CL for keratoconus and The selection of scleral lenses is a complicated simplicity. Martin Conway participates in world scientific conferences which take place in Europe, Asia, North and South America, the Middle East. In Russia the expert cooperates with the Moscow Scientific Research Institute of Eye Diseases named after Helmholtz.
The speakers at the MIOF. Spring 2018 program were the scientific community representatives from around the world including: Tatyana Kuschel, Rodenstock GmbH (Germany) – Unprecedented eye protection: new material and a new cover PRO410 & Solitaire Protect PRO 2 from Rodenstock; Zoya Kudelinski, Rodenstock GmbH (Germany) – Announcement of innovative products Rodenstock. Lenses. Rim; Louis Hue (France) – Night Drive Boost: a new coating for night driving from BBGR company; Julián Rocabruna, Indizen Optical Technologies (Spain) – Technology sales of premium spectacle lenses; Robert William Morris, William Morris London (UK) – English optics in the world of fashion.
The IV Gala Awarding Ceremony for the winners of the Golden Lorgnette Contest took place February 14, 2018. The award is designed to recognize the most important individuals and companies in the optical industry for providing excellent service, fostering innovation and spreading awareness of the branch. 27 enterprises participated in the contest (98 applications from 47 entities totally).
The winners of the Golden Lorgnette 2018 contest:
- The Debut of the Year: TM Lencor Vision, МОC company (Moscow);
- The Innovation of the Year: InterOptic (Moscow);
- The Educational Project of the Year: Opticum program at MediaMetrix radio, producer and presenter Inessa Lebbekh (Moscow);
- The Advertising campaign of the Year: Crystal Lakes Contact Lenses, DiLor chain (Orenburg);
- The Marketing Project of the Year, federal: Optic Center company (Novosibirsk);
- The Marketing Project of the Year, local: My Eyesight social project, El Licon chain (Tomsk);
- The Optician's Salon of the Year: Spectr salon (Barnaul);
- Private Trade Mark: Emilia Line by Enni Marco, New Line company (Moscow);
- The Personage of the Year (Acknowledgement): Lev Biber, New Line company (Moscow);
- The special prize (Professional Devotion and the 50th Anniversary of Practice): Tamara Basko, Zreniye PMTs (Novosibirsk) Director General;
- The honorable prize: Alexander Myagkov, President of the Expert Council, Ok Vision (Moscow) Director General.
Being an international communication platform, the MIOF project makes an important contribution to the professional development and professional level of the Russian ophthalmologists and optometrist. In February 2018 the exhibition was attended by more than 2 000 people from medical, trade, pharmaceutical and other spheres.
The 23rd Moscow International Optical Fair will be held September 11-13, 2018.
See you in Crocus Expo!
THE 22nd MOSCOW INTERNATIONAL OPTICAL FAIR (MIOF)